How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33038
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My now 16 year old son revealed to me a few months ago, when

Customer Question

My now 16 year old son revealed to me a few months ago, when he was 15, that when he was 13 he inappropriately touched a 2 year old boy following months of looking at what sounds like soft porn on the internet. He is very distressed at his behaviour and other instances of trying to see children his own age and slightly younger partially clothed.
JA: Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: We took him to see a psychologist where he discussed his thoughts and feelings about his behaviour. She referred him to safeguarding and a section 47 has been raised. He is near suicidal. I have met his assigned social worker and the police officer from teh safeguarding investigation unit where they explained next steps - interview child (now 4) and then interview my son under caution at police station. He told the psychologist that he touched the child's anus and pushed a millimetre in. This has been sent to the safeguarding team I presume as evidence?? They have taken his ipad and are taking his phone this week. We are seeking legal advice. Meanwhile he is being seen by CAMHS this Friday as an urgent referral given his suicidal thoughts and extreme distress. Can you please advise how best we should seek legal advice?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I think I need to stop here as we are not in a state. Thank you. You read very fast!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive. There are a number of legal aid solicitor who specialise in public law cases such as this. From what you have said no proceedings have been commenced by the LA or indeed the police; but it does make sense to see a solicitor and go through with them you thoughts and indeed fears.

I attach herewith the link to the Law Society accredited website which should help. Please also rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Hi I hope that this helped. Can you please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you