Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My husband and I are separating because he has had a second

Customer Question

Hi, my husband and I are separating because he has had a second affair in 4 years. He doesn't want to separate but I don't want to be in a relationship with him. He has just announced that he wants 50/50 custody of our children and that scares me is it likely that he would get that?
JA: Who currently has legal custody? Is there a custody agreement or order?
Customer: at the moment we live together in the marital home, he works full time and I stay at home with the girls, who are 4 and 6
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: we're in the Uk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He travels abroad often and works long unpredictable hours. We have no family near to support us so for the past 6 years I had done 100% of the chidlcare
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

I see. Well from what you have written it would appear that you are the primary carer and the likelihood is that the court would only allow him to spend time with the children and you continue to be the place where the children live.

There is an excellent book on the subject if you are confused - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/How-Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding-resolving/147211910X

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you