UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

Im applying for Domestic abuse SET(DV) what evidence will be

Customer Question
Hi, Im applying for Domestic...
Hi, Im applying for Domestic abuse SET(DV) what evidence will be accepted if I don't have social service, police or hospital reports?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: it happened it September when I left my husband to return to Thailand but I thought if I returned I may have be able to sort it out with him but this wasn't the case
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: My GP has wrote me a letter confirming I have visited them to explain that I have been abused via Insulting comments, Controlling behaviour and being financially controlled but I think I cant prove the finances...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes just what is the minimum proof I need to prove it as im in a refuge at the moment but my daughter has been living with her dad since september
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Family Law
2/6/2017
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 9 months ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

how old is your daughter?

Im currently in the UK on a temporary visa and applied for a SET (DV) but I don't have much evidence of abuse.My daughter is 15 months old but I left her with her father in September when I returned back to Thailand and now I want her back with me
Solicitor: Maverick, Advocate replied 9 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Advocate

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

On pages 4-5 of this link it tells you the type of acceptable evidence to support the SEV (DV). At the bottom of that list it states:

"Other supporting documents:

If you are unable to provide any of the evidence listed above, you may provide evidence from other sources but you must also explain the reasons why you are unable to provide any of the evidence listed above."

So, what you may want to try is use sworn affidavits from witnesses which set forth the facts regarding the how they know abuse occurred.

Please Note: (1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. It may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement. Our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done. Thank you.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Advocate