How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im applying for Domestic abuse SET(DV) what evidence will be

Customer Question

Hi, Im applying for Domestic abuse SET(DV) what evidence will be accepted if I don't have social service, police or hospital reports?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: it happened it September when I left my husband to return to Thailand but I thought if I returned I may have be able to sort it out with him but this wasn't the case
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: My GP has wrote me a letter confirming I have visited them to explain that I have been abused via Insulting comments, Controlling behaviour and being financially controlled but I think I cant prove the finances...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes just what is the minimum proof I need to prove it as im in a refuge at the moment but my daughter has been living with her dad since september
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

how old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im currently in the UK on a temporary visa and applied for a SET (DV) but I don't have much evidence of abuse.My daughter is 15 months old but I left her with her father in September when I returned back to Thailand and now I want her back with me
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

On pages 4-5 of this link it tells you the type of acceptable evidence to support the SEV (DV). At the bottom of that list it states:

"Other supporting documents:

If you are unable to provide any of the evidence listed above, you may provide evidence from other sources but you must also explain the reasons why you are unable to provide any of the evidence listed above."

So, what you may want to try is use sworn affidavits from witnesses which set forth the facts regarding the how they know abuse occurred.

Please Note: (1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. It may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement. Our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a positive feedback rating from you on this.

Related UK Family Law Questions