JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

In Scotland is ther a Quit deed type for property. My

Customer Question

In Scotland is ther a Quit deed type for property.
My husband wants to give me the marital home without me having to be reassessed for a mortgage, this home I will sell within the year and I am to receive all net free proceeds. The house is at the moment in joint names?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

This can't be done as the mortgage runs with ownership of the property. You should do an agreement with your husband that the house will be marketed not later than a particular date. The agreement should say that you get the free sale proceeds. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am bredited for my time.