How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11449
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Scotland is ther a Quit deed type for property. My

Customer Question

In Scotland is ther a Quit deed type for property.
My husband wants to give me the marital home without me having to be reassessed for a mortgage, this home I will sell within the year and I am to receive all net free proceeds. The house is at the moment in joint names?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

This can't be done as the mortgage runs with ownership of the property. You should do an agreement with your husband that the house will be marketed not later than a particular date. The agreement should say that you get the free sale proceeds. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am bredited for my time.