Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Can you tell me if there is any jurisdiction for me

Customer Question

Can you tell me if there is any jurisdiction for me requesting for my son to be brought back from Poland. My wife has decided not to come back after what I thought was a vacation to see her parents. Our son was born in Poland, but he has citizenship in both countries.I have asked her, but she is reluctant to come back. I want to know if there is any way I can request this through formal channels via an embassy weatherwise?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  BarristerJones replied 11 months ago.

In what country do you wish to make the request? How long has your son been living in Poland? Where was he living before that and for how long?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My son has been in Poland for the last two months, prior to this he was in the UK for the previous 18 months. I'm hoping to make the request within the United Kingdom.

I will opt out in favor of a UK attorney.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Yes you can apply to the Courts in Poland for the return of the child to the Uk as it is the Uk courts who have the right to decide whether or not a permanent move to Poland is in the interest of the child.

You can get help and support from the charity Reunite

www.reunite.org

Please ask if you need further details