How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having some issues with my husband and by way of giving

Customer Question

I'm having some issues with my husband and by way of giving our marriage a second chance I have requested 50% of his shares in the family business. I have requested these shares so that it may form part of a deterrent for my husband continue with some of his behaviours. I do work for the family business but hold no shares. My husband has agreed to this and I have advised if the marriage breaks down through my wishes and through no part of his own I will return the shares but if my husbands unreasonable behaviour continues that I am able to divorce him and retain the shares. Is there an agreement that can be put in place for this before I seek legal advise from a solicitor?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Violence and alcohol abuse. My husband has been doing well for the last 14 months but relapsed on Friday evening but no abuse took place. I just need a deterrent to assist from any further relapses.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet - we will be to make the agreement legally binding if this is possible. I don't want to be duped by my husband.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I do love my husband but I also need to protect my financial security for myself and my children.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.It is perfectly reasonable to prepare the type of document which you are suggesting.

You should see a solicitor who specialises in family law. They can provide for a couple of hundred pounds the type of document which you are proposing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What type of document would this be?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

It is basically a post nuptial agreement. They are very straight forward and becoming pretty common. Happy to discus. Please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Related UK Family Law Questions