How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way of finding out if my husband has fathered a

Customer Question

Is there any way of finding out if my husband has fathered a child to someone else
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today

There is no central record of DNA and it’s not possible to search the General Register Office by the name of the father.

I’m sure that if it was a murder investigation, the facility would exist for the police but it’s not a facility available to the general public. Sorry.

If you can do is have more details, or if someone is claiming fatherhood, we may be able to answer further.

Meanwhile, does it answer the question?

Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to use the rating service to rate my answer positively. If you don’t rate it positively, I don’t get paid.

You may get the impression thread closes after rating but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything needs clarification.

Kind regards