How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British citizen who lived in Nevada for around ten

Customer Question

I am a British citizen who lived in Nevada for around ten years. I got my permanent residency in 2008 but I moved back to the UK this year to have a baby. I am giving up my 'green card'. My daughter's father is a US citizen who was living in NV and has now moved to KY. Is it possible or practical to claim child support from the UK? I understand there are a number of countries with reciprocal agreements when it comes to child custody and support.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

In fact you have two choices.

You can issue proceedings here in the UK and enforce the Order via the REMO Process described here

Or you can make the application in Kentucky

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Related UK Family Law Questions