How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife and i have been divorced now 5 years. she has

Customer Question

my ex wife and i have been divorced now 5 years. she has made claims for money for child support although my son is now 23. this has been through the american courts 3 times and i have won the case 3 times. she has now raised a similar claim and i simply can't afford to spend another $75k defending myself as it goes to appeal and then appellate appeal each time. if i don't defend and there is a judgement in the us in favour of my ex wife for child support can it affect me in the uk? my ex wife lives in america but is a uk citizen.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the Uk do you live in?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Clare
The basic question is this. I know that I do not meet the criteria to be subject to the outcomes of the judgement in the US, as I am not a US citizen, have no US bank accounts or assets. What I'm not sure about is whether the judgement can be transferred to the UK in any way?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Have I not already answered this for you?

Related UK Family Law Questions