How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34121
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am supposed to submit and exchange my Form E by tomorrow

Customer Question

I am supposed to submit and exchange my Form E by tomorrow but I do not have 2 years of accounts as I have only been self-employed for 9 months. I have asked my wife's solicitor to agree to an extension of 2 weeks in order to have an accountant look at this - but have heard nothing. I also rang the court to ask what to do and they advised me to submit a form D11 but on reading this I don't think that this is correct. I am acting on my own behalf so therefore am at a loss a to the correct protocol. The rest of the Form E is complete however. Can you advise please.
Lee Kersey
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

If you have completed everything else then file what you have with a note saying that you will file accounts as soon as they are available

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well