UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

I had a nonmolestation order which has been cancelled after

Customer Question
Hi, I had a nonmolestation...
Hi, I had a nonmolestation order which has been cancelled after my husband cancelled it. I didn't have medical or police evidence but magistrates who made the decision were quiet biased and the reasons they gave matched my husbands defence. I am concerned for safety of my son now dad can contact him. What steps can I take now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Family Law
8/20/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your son and why is he at risk if his father contact shim?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My son is 6 has special needs and my husband has a history of being violent when inside the house. Court said I should have reported it earlier and I couldn't prove my allegations of violence. My son will be at the same risk if left alone with father.

Has he ever hit he child?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I was always present he became angry and yelled but never hit him just said he would and I said you won't dare ever hit my son. He has special needs so shouldn't be treated like that at all as he has communication issues already. He then said no no I wouldn't ever hit him and it would only be a gentle slap. But I am worried as my husband loses temper very easily and always wants to be on his laptop on his bedside as he's a busy person.

What contact have you offered?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None as I want supervised visits he has never been alone with Dad as he always complained when he had to look after him for a single minute

Have you offered contact at a contact centre?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I didn't know about that

How far has your divorce reached and have you applied for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I have completed a D8 form via Courtnav awaiting review I havnt applied for a child arrangement order yet was waiting till my husband applies.

Is there any chance that he will try and remove the child from your care?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a chance of that happening. If he did it would be without warning
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Social services have said its a civil matter so they won't get involved and that my sons care is solely my responsibility they also think my husband is living in another county so in their view my sons out of reach but I don't agree

If there is a chance then you need to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you and setting out that ocntact takes place in a local contact centre - this will ensure that your child is protected in the future

This is done using a form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi that seems like a sensible thing to do. I want to know if I can do another nonmolestation order as well as that form as my husband keeps sending me very lengthy emails that upset me

You will be better reporting his harassment to the police and asking them to give him an harassment warning

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not actually harassment but hidden messages within
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I shall send you the screenshots
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here's 2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 is most important
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm upset even on my birthday

Any messages sent when you have asked him not to contact you is harassment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I am going through an emotional strife each time he sends them. He thinks because there's no nonmolestation order in place he can contact me when he wants. I am reluctant to tell police as they might take his side they did last time I called them when he yet hadn't been served the nonmolestation and tried to see me in Oldham

How do you wish him to ocntact you regarding the child?

A separate phone; emails or via a solicitor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Emails or sollicitor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still havnt a hearing date for the child custody case yet I was going to hire a sollicitor for that

Right

So email him and tell him that in future you will not respond to any texts and that Contact arrangements must be set up via solicitors.

Tell him that any future direct contact is unwelcome.

Then keep a record of his contacts and once he has done it three times contact the police and ask for an harassment warning to be givem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That seems reasonable and will send him a message. I was too scared of replying as I thought he might use that against me later
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shall I complete a c100 form before the child custody hearing begins
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have just emailed him stating all future contact will be unwelcome and it must come through a sollicitor

Who has made the Children Act application - how far has it reached?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He made a prohibited steps order and children act against me but court said they wanted Cafcass to make a report before they had the first hearing so I am still awaiting that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He tried to accuse me of having mental health issues, that I would kill myself or my son or take him abroad while I have no intentions of doing so but court yet has to decide all that and I am so stressed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He did this straight after he was served nonmolestation
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the courts dismissal of nonmolestation
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page3 had problem before

When is the next hearing on the children matter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am desperately waiting to hear about the court hearing my ex had said that he will find out in a week or so I might have to ask court whether they know

Have you been to court on it yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was in court on 19th of August for last hearing of nonmol order and then they mentioned the child custody case that it will be transferred to Manchester but there hasn't been any hearing of the child custody case yet

Have you seen any paperwork?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had recieved a copy of the prohibited steps order in which he made allegations concerning my sons safety me being suicidal my brother being a drinker and me pulling my son out of school and that I would kidnap my son and take him abroad as I had his passport
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was ages in early July and then court awaited Cafcass report which has been made I believe now that will go to court too. I don't know what my husband is doing that's why I need a solicitor I think to get paperwork from him as he's self representing

Have you spoken to the CAFCASS officer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but nonmol hadn't been dismissed at that time and situation was in
My favour they interviewed me over the phone and I clarified all issues dad had raised

Have you got a copy of the children matter paperwork?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sorry for late reply I couldn't find the paper work. My husband has replied to my email regards ***** ***** contact
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page 2

Keep a copy of this

What do you think you have done with the court paperwork?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was sent a copy of the prohibited steps order and I don't know how it's got misplaced. That hearing was vacated and still hasn't happened. I think my sollicitor clarified on my behalf that I had no intentions of taking my son abroad. I am trying to find that paper work. He had said that I was suicidal and had threatened to kill myself and my son.
2ndly he said he was concerned as I pulled my son out of a special needs school.
3rd allegation I think was my brother is in debt and a heavy drinker and a bad influence on my son.
4th he wanted contact with his son and Cafcass to get involved which they did. He said he was willing to leave the family home back in Birmingham so Our son can go back to school.Cafcass rang me and I have paperwork of Cafcass report I can attach that here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page 1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page no 2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page 3
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page 4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Page 5
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's been no hearing so far it has to be vacated as this report wasn't completed. Since Cafcass completed its report the child case hearing hasn't taken place. I think it will be three to four weeks from now. After the Cafcass report there was a non mol hearing and the non mol was dismissed by court.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate all your help.

Well that is a good report from your point of view.

Have you phoned the court to ask what is happening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I just kept waiting I have been busy working so never got a chance. I could ring them today to ask when they expect the next hearing to be.

Excellent idea

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi there is an update I rang Birmingham court they said the case is transfered to Manchester court. I rang Manchester court but they said its in transit so they don't have the file yet. The judge has to approved it. That should happen within 10 working days then a hearing date is decided. They expect to review the file tomorrow or day after.

Excellent news.

You need to prepare a C2

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/forms/fjr/C2_web_0414.pdf

To ask for the Residence Order and send it to the court

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I go for solicitor representation?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does residence order mean is it like parental responsibility? Do I need to fill any other forms c1 or any other form please advise.

My apologies that should have read "for a Child Arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you'!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will I have to go for a MIAM

No because there are existing proceedings

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to send D8 completed form too can I send both around same time I send D8 to Liverpool civil and family court and the C2 to Manchester family court

Yes you can do that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I need to complete a parental responsibility order FM1 or does this not apply?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also what main reason can I give for applying
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about the FM1 that doesn't apply to me my mistake.

No you don't need any of that - just the C2

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What reason can I give in the reasons one main reason

You are fearful that the other parent will try and remove the child from your care

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are any copies requires to send to the court. D8 form requires 3 copies and 2 are sent to court. What about c2?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Clare
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor