How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32978
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I defend a prohibitive steps order served me today by

Customer Question

How do I defend a prohibitive steps order served me today by my ex-partner.I have residence order at the moment as ex is an alcoholic going through some rehabilitation.
I have secured accommodation in Newcastle after living in temporary accommodation since March. Tenancy agreement secured and 2 months rent paid but she's refusing the move even after I contacct the school and sovial services about the move. I even promised to bring child to contact till final decision about where the child will live is detertmined in court in Aug. Ex-partner has contact twice a week .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

If the PSO was only served on your today then you can make an application to the court to have the order discharged. You can apply on a C2 for the discharge of the order. There is an excellent book on amazon which explains this process -

I also attach the form C2 -

Please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Related UK Family Law Questions