How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is the power of attorney mum and I knowin the

Customer Question

Hi, my husband is the power of attorney for his mum and I knowin the past she has given us money but ivejust found out he has not got a job and been using her money to live on. Is that illegal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Does your husband have a Lasting Power of Attorney, do you know? Kid Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Well, your husband is indeed breaching his powers, whatever power of attorney he has, as an Attorney's duty o look after his Mother's assets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that illegal though and could I be implicated as we have a joint account
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it is illegal if your husband is spending his mother's money as if it was his own. As regards ***** ***** you are of course not guilty unless you are also knowingly using his mother's money. If a third party were to register a complaint concerning your husband's behaviour to the Office of the Public Guardian, they can in turn, notify the Police. Your husband should therefore immediately stop using his mother's money. Kind Regards Al

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my answer, if I have helped. Thanks Al