How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32991
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was using Rothera Dowson solicitors,i had an hours divorce

Customer Question

i was using Rothera Dowson solicitors,i had an hours divorce advise,left my deeds to my properties with them,they have been privvy to information i have given them.They sent me alot of information out by post,told me to give it 18 months and go back to start divorce proceedings.Then they let my husband i was getting divorce advise about,sever his half the tenancy,and make a will.I made an appointment for futher advise,and basically when they found out he had used them after me,they turned me away,is this conflict of intrest,and can i contest the will, as my husband passed away 2 days ago.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No,do you know of a good lawyer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm worried Rothera Dowson have deeds to my properties,and i can't get to them.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.You have raised a potential breach of conflict and it would very much be worth instructing a firm of solicitors which specialise in professional negligence to investigate. They can on your behalf seek copies of the papers which this firm hold (certainly your file) on your behalf. If you paid your bill you are entitled to a copy of all of your papers in any event. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Related UK Family Law Questions