How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to see if ,my sister in law married a man who

Customer Question

Hi, i am trying to see if ,my sister in law married a man who gave a false name, i know he changed his name from filed to kent, if he did this legally can he then marry in the name of kent, which is what he did, if so the marriage is a fake right, but i need proof that this is the case and he did actually do as i am saying
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats my question thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.What proof do you have that he used a false name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has HP Docs for cars a company in his name his ex wife said he changed his name from field to KentHe got married to my sister in law in the name of field so her name was also field he was born field
I have also evidence that he married before he met my sister in law using the name Lewis tooDoes that mean my sister in law marriage to field is illegal if he had changed his name to Kent before he married her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my answer please
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
The name change would not affect whether the marriage was legal or not. People can and often change the name. The key would be for him to have divorced prior to marrying your sister. If he did not divorce prior to marrying her then he would be a potential bigamist (she may of course have died).
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Related UK Family Law Questions