How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13472
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is unwilling to awnser questions on the E statement,

Customer Question

My wife is unwilling to awnser questions on the E statement, we had a court hearing but she has failed to provide valuation of our property portfolio. We should have agreed a surveyer to value the portfolio but she will not agree this. We are missing all the dates agreed. So the settlement is just being drawn out. She is happy she lied to the court and kept the matrimonial home and she also gets large expensis to stay there so there is no need for her to agree anything to sort out the financial remedy. Is there anything I can do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What happened at the last hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were given dated to provide valuations of the portfolio, if we could not agree valuations we were to instruct a chartered surveyer to value the properties. My wife will not value the portfolio and we have not agreed a surveyer. There were time scales which have now passed for thus to be agreed.My wife has also failed to provide other documents etc. Ok these are of a smaller value but should be included as they have been requested.We have the next court case coming up in two weeks, but we have not complied with the judges instruction and no further forward
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you not able to have the properties valued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had them valued but the wife has not and we cannot agree a value
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What other documents has she failed to provide?