UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My name is ***** *****..basically ive had a letter from my…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** *****..basically ive had a letter from my family courts regarding a divorce issue..ex wife..my ex mite want to apply to the courts to make me pay costs..so the letter from the courts says my ex must File and Serve an application for such. .on or before the 7th..tomorrow. what is meant by file amd serve and should i get to know before she contacts yhe courts

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Basically ive had a letter from my family courts regarding a divorce issue..ex wife..my ex mite want to apply to the courts to make me pay costs..so the letter from the courts says my ex must File and Serve an application for such. .on or before the 7th..tomorrow. what is meant by file amd serve and should i get to know before she contacts the courts before the deadline

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
3/6/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What are these costs in respect of?