Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My name is ***** *****..basically ive had a letter from my

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** *****..basically ive had a letter from my family courts regarding a divorce issue..ex wife..my ex mite want to apply to the courts to make me pay costs..so the letter from the courts says my ex must File and Serve an application for such. .on or before the 7th..tomorrow. what is meant by file amd serve and should i get to know before she contacts yhe courts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: basically ive had a letter from my family courts regarding a divorce issue..ex wife..my ex mite want to apply to the courts to make me pay costs..so the letter from the courts says my ex must File and Serve an application for such. .on or before the 7th..tomorrow. what is meant by file amd serve and should i get to know before she contacts the courts before the deadline
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What are these costs in respect of?