UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have quite a bit of property in Pakistan and I am going…

Customer Question
I have quite a bit...
I have quite a bit of property in Pakistan and I am going through a divorce in the UK. can the courts here rule on the property in Pakistan and if yes how will they deal with it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are there also assets in the UK?

there is property

Hi

In that case the Court are likely to take account of the assets in Pakistan by awarding your ex a larger share of the Uk assets

Please ask if you need further details

Clare

is that what is meant by of setting?
could the judge make an order to rule on the property in Pakistan? and what if it was the other way around...if we went to Pakistan to divorce, could the judge rule on the property in Pakistan and the property in the UK?
are you there

Yes that is offsetting

The Judge might make a ruling on the foreign property - but it is impossible to enforce so it is unlikely

Equally it is hard to enforce a foreign order here

if I did decide to get a divorce in Pakistan and the judge rules on all assets in UK as well as Pakistan, what would I have to do to enforce it here

It would be very difficult as there are few reciprocal agreements that will help

I don't understand reciprocal, sorry
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.