UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

, i am a UK citizen, originally came from Delhi, india…

Customer Question
Hi, i am a...

Hi, i am a UK citizen , originally came from Delhi, india

Lawyer's Assistant: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

How does it work with yourself ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?

Fees ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
Hi, I was born in India, came to UK about 12 years back. Now I am a British Citizen.
I married about 9 years back in India. My wife accompanied me to UK. My wife also attained British Citizenship as dependent of British National. We both had to give up Indian Nationality , so we currently hold only British Nationality.We have a daughter of 7 years,We both started living separately (both in London, UK) since July 2013 when she took our daughter and started living with her Aunt here in UK.She is permanently residing here in UK. Now my parents in India informed me that they have received Divorce court papers from her in India as she has filed Divorce in her town in India. She has put a lot of false allegations against me and my family.Since we both are based in UK and also citizens here, I am not sure how to deal with this Divorce Case in India. I am scared how to deal with this as she has put false allegations against me and my family. I don't want my parents to get impacted due to these allegations. I am not sure whether this Divorce case in India is even Valid as UK is her permanent residence and she only visits India once a year in her holidays.Please advise .Thanks
2/18/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you wish to have a divorce - and where are the financial assets based?

Hi Clare,Thanks for replying.I don't want a divorce. Also most importantly I want to know whether this divorce proceedings filed in India are even VALID as we both live in UK.Financial assets are in UK.Regards
Also main thing is I want to void the proceedings in India as it has false allegations against me and my Indian parents

Hi

If there is a Divorce in India it will be recognised in the UK.

the issue of whether it is valid is India one for an Indian lawyer and I am afraid that I am not aware that we have such a specialist on this site - but I can opt out if you wish

it seems JustAnswer doesn't have answer for my questions. Hence could you please opt out. As I have not been able to get the information I require. And please if you could confirm that I am not charged as I left my card details with justanswer.