UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can audio/video evidence of abuse be used by co-respondent…

Customer Question
Can audio/video evidence of abuse...
Can audio/video evidence of abuse be used by co-respondent in divorce cases. My son's wife is divorcing him on the grounds of abuse mental cruelty, when she in fact is an off the scale controlling narcissist which my son lives in fear of. His life and finances has been under her control. He even frighted to visit his parents without being confronted in his face Screaming raging angry abuse. He has no savings and has ended up in part time minimum wage job
He should have filed for divorce himself but was frightened of the consequences. But she has decided to file for divorce citing his abuse all he has as evidence is mainly audio evidence of her behavior.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
2/18/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

To start with please be aware that your son will NOT get Legal Aid - it is not available for these cases.

Does he wish to be divorced and what allegations has she actually made?

Are there any children involved?