How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34266
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Court summons

Customer Question

Court summons
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called police after argument with husband and they arrested him and charged him with common assault. I retracted statement 2 weeks later saying i dont want to proceed and give evidence
Now at 12.10 am police officer knocked at my door and gave me summons for same day 9.30 am in court.
What shall i do now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If you fail to attend Court then you would be committing an offence - however whilst you have to attend court you cannot be forced to actually give evidence - you can simply say that you so not remember what happened

Please ask if you need further details