How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child is on a section 20 after difficult behaviour and

Customer Question

Hi my child is on a section 20 after difficult behaviour and returning home under the influence of cannabis , the police took him as I did not want him in the house in that condition, he was on a ppo from Friday till Monday , and put in temp foster care , on the Monday then Wednesday as contacted me telling me I had to have him back , I wanted him back but told as that I had seen my Gp over stress and I had just started taking anti depressants , and felt until they had got into my system I could not have him back , they told me that he could stay where he was for now until assessments have been done , I am now 4 weeks into taking them and feel I can now have him back home , the difficulty is , is now my son who is 15 nearly sixteen wants to stay where he is and is angry at me for the situation he is in , I have had no contact at all and all social services say are that he doesent want to speak to you!! I am really upset and want to end the section 20 and have my son back home and build up our relationship , he has high functioning autism , but is very clever , he knows all the laws rules regarding his rights , but does not and can not see the bigger picture of his actions , all I want is my son home, can they keep him on the 20 if he doesent want to come home ? I am quite capable of looking after him and their are no risks to him ok being in my care , pls help me with advice in this upsetting situation , many thanks Jacqueline
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

You really ought to be allowed to have contact with your son and talk through with him the issues. If you remove your s.20 - which you are entitled to do at any time (you may have agreed to give them notice) then they would have to apply to the court for an ICO - he would also then have someone to represent him (a guardian) and you would also be allowed to have reasonable contact - this may well assist. You would also get legal aid to ensure that you got legal representation. Happy to answer any questions but please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Related UK Family Law Questions