UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have had a final hearing re my divorce back in July yet my…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a final hearing re my divorce back in July yet my ex is refusing to pay any maintenance but off setting it against our house, he pays the mortgage and some bills. He is refusing to show what the bills are (in his name) and it has taken over 6 months to get his permission to put the house on the market. In effect I am paying his mortgage (joint ownership)

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He has refused to sign ther final hearing consent order and has changed what the judge said e.g. she said he had to put the house on the market immediately and pay me maintenance, plus give me some payment from shares he owned. He has refused and letters have just bounced between solicitors at a large cost to me. He also in July said his shares he retained for the company he works for were worth the 200k he put into the company and yet in November there was press saying the business was for sale. He denies it. If it is sold he will get a considerable sum yet the judge ruled he could keep them. Suggestions?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
2/1/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.