How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Advice sister and her divorce
, She petitioned and her

Customer Question

advice for my sister and her divorce
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She petitioned for divorce and her husband agreed. She bought him out of the house by getting it valued and splitting the assets 50/50. Now that he's had the paperwork for the decree absolute he's refusing to sign it and said he wants more money.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question and for asking for me

For clarity - do you mean the Clean break consent order dismissing any future claims/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think they just had a letter confirming he had received the 50%
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So what paperwork is he refusing to sign?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the absolute
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Who actually filed for the divorce and when was the Decree Nisi granted

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry this is protracted, but have been travelling and not been online. My sister filed for the divorce and the decree nisi was granted about 6-8 weeks ago. He agreed to the absolute, but when it came through said he'd been to see a solicitor and he wants more money than they originally agreed. So, now he's not agreeing to the absolute on this grounds. Hope that makes sense.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Which ground did your sister use - I ask because in fact all your sister should need to do is apply for the Decree Absolute - her ex should have no part in the application - so it is hard to understand what the actual issue is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
irreconcilable differences
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean Unreasonable Behaviour?