Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Overpaid the CSA 15 months, they say they are not

Customer Question

Overpaid the CSA for last 15 months, they say they are not responsible. I have no contact with my daughter or my ex for the past 7 years. I have always paid the CSA via direct debit and even had to go to Hastings to make a cash payment when I was so overdrawn in the bank that the CSA payment would had been swallowed up by the overdraft. The CSA said they had sent a letter to my ex regarding my daughter being education and they have had no response from her. My ex has always been on benefits since we split up in 1997, and this is a family trait in her family. I am actually thinking that my daughter is now her carer as my ex use to spend a lot of time in hospital with one ailment or another. The last time I saw her she had piped oxygen, and a commode in her flat (she was in her early 30's at the time). I do want all my payments back as my ex stopped me seeing my daughter for the last 7 years as she wanted extra money on top of the CSA payments.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How do you know that there has been an overpayment?