UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Could you lend a hand - at what point should I ask to be…

Customer Question
Could you lend a hand...
Could you lend a hand - at what point should I ask to be refunded the costs of decree Nisi if this is all done on the papers? As petitioner, costs of nisi were reserved at the point of petition and again reinforced in the application for order of deemed service. Is there a point at which the issue of costs is decided and what sort of evidence would they want to see - I do have a letter from my previous solicitor putting the cost at £1,200 and there is a legal bill that I paid relating to the period.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Did you actually claim costs on the D8 - (petition form)

Did a solicitor issue it for you?

A solicitor (no longer my solicitor) did issue Petition for me and did claim costs at that point.
Interestingly, she in letters to my husband immediately after 'offered' that he pay half and I pay half those costs (without my authorisation but she was trying to be helpful).

So - you have claimed costs and are about to apply for the Decree Nisi - is that correct?

Exactly right. I rang the court and they told me the status update is my application is with a Judge (for deemed service of petition) and if he/she agrees to deem service it would then be possible for me to send in D80B/84 seeking Nisi
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.