How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32985
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a baby with a girl, apparently

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a baby with a girl, apparently am living with her and the baby, aged(1+).I Don't like the treatment of the child from his mother, every bills and the baby's feeding and up keep have been from my pocket. I want to take full custody of the child without taking her to court, can the social services do that?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

I am afraid that if the mother does not want to relinquish the child then you would need to go to court for a child arrangement order. I attach herewith reference to a book which sets this out in more detail -

If there are safeguarding concerns then of course you should notify social services for support. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks