How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband has a partner of 12 months - I have asked to

Customer Question

My ex husband has a partner of 12 months - I have asked to meet her but never have she has had contact with my 2 sons aged 3 and 6 I find out 4 days ago that she has previously been sectioned and she is having another episode at the moment where the mental health team are managing her at home, I have requested she not be with the children until she is well, my ex has told me that she will be spending Christmas Day and night with him and the children - do I have a voice I am very worried
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Is there a Court Order regarding contact?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No divorce not through we try and share childcare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then in the circumstances it would not be unreasonable for you to keep the children until you are certain that this issue is resolved and will not impact on them

Alternatively ask if the mental Health team will directly reassure you that the children will not be either disturbed or endangered

please ask if you need further details


Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Related UK Family Law Questions