Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My business partner changed the password office computer

Customer Question

Customer: my business partner changed the password ***** the office computer that holds our quickbook and financial information and will not give it to me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have decided to dissolve the partnership, everything was being done amicable, then she changed the password ***** the office computer that holds our quickbook accounts receivable info and banking info
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

You are both entitled as partners to the password ***** obviously financial information. I would be minded to contact them - seek and explanation and threaten to get a solicitor to apply to the court for an injunction against them. Normally the threat would be sufficient. I would do this all straight away - the court has the power to make them release the password ***** indeed for them not to act in this way. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I hope that this helps. If you have any additional questions then please advise. Please also rate Positive - thanks