How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13472
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has verbally abused me, we went to marriage

Customer Question

My husband has verbally abused me for years, we went to marriage councilor 2 years ago. It changed for a while. But it's not really he has control of the finances and refuses to move out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have 3 beautiful children 11,10, 5, I just want them to be happy not listening to the us argue and hear hurtful things that should never be said.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry 15 years we have been together
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets are there and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is valued at 430,000 mortgage I think is 249,000. I work part time £576 a month his income around 60,000 pa. I have my car which is paid for. He is self employed so his books say £40000. We are on a intrest only mortgage.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you want to have a divorce?