How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorved my ex husband in 2006 through the sharia council

Customer Question

I divorved my ex husband in 2006 through the sharia council where it is registered. I left the xountry immediately after that and got marries to my current partner of 9 years. I moved addresses and have by accident received the court perition which is about 2 months old from my ex husband stating that we separated in 2010 which is an absolute lie. He is also wanted by immigration as he is deemed illegal. That marriage was never cconsumated and he left after 2 months of arriving in the u.k. i had no contact what so ever and i informwd the home office on many occassions that i will not be proceeding with his stay application. I was told tgat he had returned back to pakistan when his visa expired. I have a property but he has paid nothing towards it. I brought the property in 1998 and have sold it about 2 years ago and moved into another house as i had large amounts of debts owing. What should i i respond to this petition
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where were you married and where did the divorce take place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were married in pakistan 2002...he came to the u.k in 2005..he left after 2 months exactly..marriage was not consumated...i divorced him 2006 around march and then left the country immediately..divorce was islamic..i have many proofs he has not lived in the property..and that i have been with my current spouse for over nine years..and he has lived there with me ex is also illegal who has no stay but i know tgat he has remarried and bas chikdren
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Which country did the divorce take place in?