How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Overturn court order. Children placed with grand parents

Customer Question

overturn court order. Children placed with grand parents with order in place for father to have visitation rights every three weeks. Father has recent and long history of domestic violence. One child 13 could say no to visits the other on 7 has to be taken supervised visit. She doesn't wish to see him. Social services threatening grand parent prison contempt of court order. What can we do
When court order made grand parent had no input at court or invited to attend not being listened to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need sone further information first

Where is contact meant to take place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Supervised at visit at shopping centre with two social workers by Olympic park
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

So the Social Services actually deal with the arrangements?

If so what is the problem with letting them collect the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seven year doesn't want to see him social services say yes she has too
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that at seven the child is not old enough for her wishes to be decisive

She cannot decide whether or not she goes to school - nor whether or not she goes to the Dentist

Whether or not the Grand parents had been at the hearing it is likely that the Contact Order would be made.

Of course the child does not have to interact with her father when she is out - she can simply engage the social workers in conversation - but I am afraid there is currently no option and it is the responsibility of the Grandparents to make the child available to Social service sto facilitate the contact

I am sorry to give bad news, but I have to be realistic for you

Please ask if you need further details

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoken to social services about the child's feelings? What do they say?

Related UK Family Law Questions