How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32986
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently seperated with my partner, we are never

Customer Question

I am currently seperated with my partner, we are never married but we have 3 children together
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please I need a very good formal letter on how to share custody of my 3 children, myself and my partner are currently seperated and I have tried to discuss the custody sharing of our children verbally but she never wants to agree with me. Please how can you assist me with this letter experts?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

There is not a specific letter - if contact can not be agreed then you should apply for mediation (MIAM) to see if these things can be worked out between the two of you. If this can not be agreed then the next option is to make an application to the court for something called a child arrangement order - this is a court order which sets out what time each of you spends with the children. There are some very good books on the topic on amazon on How to represent yourself in the family court - well worth a tenner. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks