How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

10. My ex has accused me of things I haven't done that

Customer Question

10. My ex has accused me of things I haven't done that are in the way of my being able to see my children. My ex has no proof that I have and I have no proof that I haven't and yet the judge is granting my ex favours and stopping me seeing my children
for a year. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

What exactly has happened in the Court hearings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing much. My partner and I separated as he had an affair - and I left to stay with my mother for a weekend to try to adjust to what had occurred. When I returned the locks were changed and I couldn't get back in and that's what begun the last years worth of court hearings. He makes allegation after allegation against me and I have had to pay hundreds to prove each one of them is false. Now they say that I have to stay away from my babies due to 'a risk of future emotional harm.' There is no proof that I'm harmful in any way to my children or to anyone else for that matter - I passed all the tests.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That sounds as though a Section 7 report has been prepared - has it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What did the report recommend?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It describes me as emotionally vulnerable and unstable - no history - and suggests that I receive counselling over this year to become stronger. But how can I do that when this craziness is happening to me. It is ONLY this that is making me wobbly at all.The only reason my ex ended up with my children, is he and his partner hid them from me when I went to collect them from their contact visit with them and that's when it started with lies in an ex-parte order that again have all been disproven. This is what my ex wanted to do all along - stress me out and then label me the mad one.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 5 and 7
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has there been a final hearing?