How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is around international marriage and divorce. I

Customer Question

Hi my question is around international marriage and divorce.
I met my wife in Pakistan and got married over there. We than moved to UK and now 3.5 years later marriage has broken down with divorce processed in Pakistan. We don't have any children or any property in UK.
Do I need to take any legal action to protect my interests in UK to stop any claims years down the line or do I consider the matter to be settled.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were both born in Pakistan and have spent most of our life there.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If there are no assets here in the Uk then you have no need to take any action here at all, the proceedings in Pakistan are sufficient

Please ask if you need further details


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some savings in UK, less than 15k and she has all the jewellery around 20k. I have a good job in UK which pays well.Does she have a claim on my future salary?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In these circumstances there would be no justification for the Uk Courts to intervene in the Foreign divorce