How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to attend Court to defend a non molestation order

Customer Question

do I have to attend Court to defend a non molestation order served on me by my husbands ex wife?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to assist you.

You do not HAVE to attend Court - and you certainly do not have to instruct a solicitor.

However if you do not attend then you will face being subject to an Order which the ex will no doubt allege that you breach and thus the

matter goes on

It could be wiser to attend (without a solicitor) with a statement dealing with the allegations and stating that you are content to give your Undertaking not to harrass her in return for a cross undertaking from her.

However it is a matter of personal choice.

Please ask if you need further details

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Why would you not wish to attend court?

Related UK Family Law Questions