UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

My ex partner has stopped paying maintainence what do I do

Customer Question
please ?...
My ex partner has stopped paying maintainence what do I do please ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
9/1/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question and for asking for me.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Is this spouse or child maintenance and is it paid under the terms of a court order?

Clare

Child maintainence he was paying 120 a month for his son and we also have a daughter but he didn't turn up to sign birth certificate and now is refusing to pay any money at all
No court order

How old are the children?

He has my eldest daughter who is 9 but not biological yh is his son is 3 and baby 11 weeks
His children are 3 years and 11 weeks but he has my other daughter at weekends who is 9 her dad died 6 years ago
He has so far not had the baby at his as I feel she is too young to go

How much does he earn?

I have no idea he is a transport manager for truck company in Cornwall he will not tell me how much he is earning I am on income support
Does c s a still exist as I have read they do not take new claims and do they take a percentage anyway ??
He is being so awkward we have gone behond talking terms
Are you there still?

The CSA has been replaced by the CMS - and whilst there is a charge involved it is minimal and he will have to pay the bulk of it

The process is set out here

https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/how-to-apply

and you will receive 16% of his gross income - he does not have to pay for your eldest I am afraid - unless you are married in which case you can make a court application for maintenance for her.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Clare
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor