UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Family Law

My ex partner has been starting a relationship with a guy

Customer Question
Hey, My ex partner has...
Hey, My ex partner has been starting a relationship with a guy who is in prison for gbh. I want my two girls (3 and 5) to be kept away from him as I'm worried what may happened. There is a news report online of what he did I'm seriously worried as he gets out soon and it's clear my ex what's him in her life.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
8/23/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who was his victim and have Social Services been involved?
How is the care of the children shared between you?
Clare
Well the guy was with my ex for maybe 2-3weeks while we were together (about 6yrs ago) - we moved on and started our life. I'm to understand that he was at uni and he decided to stab his Gf at the time I'm the neck, full details can be found here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617964/Jilted-student-jailed-sawing-girlfriends-neck-kitchen-knife-teach-lesson-ended-relationship.html
Social services haven't been involved I am unsure where I stand. She is primary carer as I have a full time career working 5-6 days a week often 12 hours a day. I have them when she works or spend time with them at weekend - all mutually agreed.
Hi
Do you have any idea of his release date?
Clare
Hey,
I do not really I've been told everything's been reduced due to good behaviour and day release may start near Christmas or after.
Cheers.
Hi
Before he is released there will be consideration of where he will live - and once the Probations Service is aware that his "partner" has children then Social Services will wish to complete a risk assessment - and they are going to have major concerns about this relationship.
If you do not wish to wait that long or feel that you do not wish to rely on this then you should arrange to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If this does not resolve matters then you can apply to the Court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent this man from spending time with the children.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare
Hey Clare.
Thank you for this, this has all been pulling me down for a while, this has somewhat made me feel a little better.
It all hard.
Thank you.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Clare
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor