How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32986
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Court order in place .daughter age 11 refuses to go only

Customer Question

Court order in place for contact.daughter age 11 refuses to go only wants indirect contact ongoing medical condition makes her feel unsafe un his care .what do I do force her to go?this would be very stressful and could cause her to have a seizure which is usually the case when contact is mentioned.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

The law basically says that you should encourage and make her available to attend contact - particualry where she is 11 years of age. If she is simply refusing to go - then you should speak with father to see if there is a way to resolve matters - otherwise because there is a court order in place you would need to apply to the court to vary or suspend the original court order (you would use a form C2) and the court would consider the matter further. If you fail to make such an application then you will be in brach of the order and he can apply for enforcement of the order.

Please rate positively

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

I hope this helps - can you please rate me positively - thanks - any other questions don't hesitate to ask