How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32978
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sorry but I just wanted to finish off with my previous

Customer Question

Sorry Thomas but I just wanted to finish off with my previous question but couldn't get past the rating question to do so. I wrote... Many thanks for your reply. The specific issue order would meet the requirement of the school for the Acceptence form
as I am sure the court would agree that my son should have the opportunity to take up his place. However, this will not help in regard to the Financial statement as although his father, like myself, has modest means and would qualify for assistance, he refuses
to complete the forms on the basis that he says... 'I have just throughly read these & I am not comfortable with these forms. As I read it if my circumstances change I may be liable to to pay or repay monies. So on this basis I will not be completing these
forms. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you can proceed without me in the equation then you have my blessing and I will sign any paper work to that effect' The school however requires both parents to sign the Financial forms without exception
in case one of the parents is wealthy or becomes wealthy in the future which is understandable when distributing charitable bursary funds. Would you be able to suggest a way forward on this point? I was thinking maybe I could indemnity his father so he could
complete the forms and I would pick up the costs if he ever became wealthy and was called upon to repay fees? I have just enough equity in my house to cover the fees so I would sell my home to repay the school in this instance. Although, the Financial forms
need to be completed and resubmitted annually which could be difficult. I would not want this situation to arise each year nor our sons education interrupted if his father suddenly refused again to complete forms in the future. I would be grateful for your
advice. Kind regards Julia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

That makes perfect sense. I would be minded to speak to the school - advise them of the difficulty and also that you will apply to the court for a specific issue order is necessary - check whether they have a workaround - I am sure you are not the first to have had this issue

Related UK Family Law Questions