How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jusleen Your Own Question
jusleen, Family Lawyer
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 942
Experience:  Qualified Family Solicitor practising family law since 1999. Member of resolution.
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
jusleen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband took me to court to our three children

Customer Question

My husband took me to court for access to our three children overnight my eldest has really struggled he is now 10 and although their is a court order in place refuses to go to his dad's. He's now having councilling as he is depressed and struggling emotionally. His dad, although collects the girls every other weekend, has not spoken or interacted with my son since Boxing Day refused to buy him a birthday present unless he sees him. My ex is now getting nasty about it which I understand but Antony is refusing and is crying I am at a loss at what to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  jusleen replied 2 years ago.
Hi you could apply for the variation of the child arrangements order or discharge of the order in relation to your son only. He is older and the court would want to get CAFCASS to speak to your son and to make recommendations. It is a prerequisite of any court application that parties attend mediation therefore you should make a referral to mediation to try and resolve issues. Please rate the answer to enable me to be credited for my time. If you are interested in further dialogue I am happy to continue dialogue with you at no extra charge. Kind regards Jusleen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His consultant is backing me with stopping access last time we went to court caffcass spent 5 minutes with him he said he didn't want to go but would be fine
Expert:  jusleen replied 2 years ago.
Hi when was the order made? How old was your son then?

Related UK Family Law Questions