How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jusleen Your Own Question
jusleen, Family Lawyer
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 942
Experience:  Qualified Family Solicitor practising family law since 1999. Member of resolution.
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
jusleen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Clare, in 1974 ish I walked out of my matramonial home due

Customer Question

Hi Clare, in 1974 ish I walked out of my matramonial home due to my wife having been unfaithful while I was as work building up a business. She was unfaithful with two people that I know of, and I later found out that she was serialy unfaithful. At the time she had three girls, aged 11, 9 anad 8, and I realized that any court would award her the home to for the children's sake. I had adopted the children to give them some stability.I now wish to re-marry, and need a decree absolute, which I understand can be obtained from the court, I don't know if she has divorced me as I certainly didn't. HELP!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  jusleen replied 2 years ago.
Hi welcome to Justanswer. If you wish to dissolve your marriage but are not sure if your wife has divorced you, and cannot or do not wish to ask her herself, you can apply for a search of the decree absolute register which is a central register. If you are divorced then a copy of the decree absolute will also be sent to you. Here is the link with the application form. There is a court fee of £65 as well which will need to be paid. Please rate the answer to enable me to be credited for my time. If you want to have further dialogue on this thread I am happy to continue the dialogue for no extra charge. Kind regards

Related UK Family Law Questions