How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I agreed under poor advice to a nmo on the 16.4.14. I have

Customer Question

I agreed under poor advice to a nmo on the 16.4.14. I have asked my solicitor and the police repeatedly to get access to the matrimonial home. I still have not had access to get my personal possessions. The ex was calling the police when leaving the children home from contact, saying I was verbally abusing her. I was taken to court for 4 alleged breaches of this nmo. the judge dismissed the case and told my wife that this was noway to resolve a marital dispute. her father is an ex detective inspector in special branch northern Ireland. they have consistently harassed me. I am a professional person.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
You are entitled to your personal possessions. If this can not be agreed amicably then you may wish to consider bringing the matter back to court. It is very common even under a NMO to make allowances for such items to be collected/returned.

Related UK Family Law Questions