How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 70506
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 13 year old son has been accused of touching a 13 year old

Customer Question

My 13 year old son has been accused of touching a 13 year old girl on the bum and trying to put his hand up her skirt. The school have just phoned me and told me this and i have to be there tomorrow when the police question my son about this. My son has said he has not done this and has never been on his own with this girl inside or outside of school. Her boyfriend punched my son on monday and he had no idea why other than he had heard some gossip about her and had been talking about it with others. What should i be expecting from this ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I'm not sure what you wanted to know about this? The police will investigate obviously.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok sorry I think I am panicking!!! I am concerned about how far a he said she said situation could go. What would the next step be if her foster parents want to take it further than just a police talk ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Well, it is nothing to do with her foster parents. It is down to the police.
Her boyfriend should be running for the hills. She will make allegations against him in six months.
It seems to me that since he denies it anyway it ultimately comes down to whether CPS think it is in the public interest to prosecute. He can't be given a caution or a reprimand or any other disposal option. There could be a referral to social services but he denies it so I'm not sure what that achieves.
This is not a police chat. He is being investigated for a criminal offence and that is how you should treat this. Any conversation of that nature should be at the police station under caution and he should have a solicitor who would probably advise him to make a no comment interview with a prepared statement.
Can I clarify anything for you?