UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My 17 year old son is uncontrollable he's literally smashing…

Customer Question
My 17 year old son...
My 17 year old son is uncontrollable he's literally smashing the house up he's an anger problem and I want him out how do I go about it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
His behaviour is costing us significant amounts of money and it's affecting other house-hold relationships between siblings and also between parents. He's taken to fighting with his younger brother. And his behaviour frightens his 11 year old sister. Physically both he and his brother are now big young adults.
He's currently not working as he's at college. His date of birth is 12/9/1997 and we live in Gloucestershire, UK.
6/28/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you asked him to leave?
How doe she finance his living expenses?
Clare
No we've not asked HIM to leave directly yet.He's not got an income though he's looking at p/t work during summer hols. He gets financed by us. I'm not sure at his current age (17 - 18 in sept) and living with parents that there's any alternative ...... Or is there!?
Him leaving has been mentioned on BOTH sides in the heat of the moment
Hi
Is there any family member or friend willing to take him in?
Clare
No, certainly not one well enough or whom we would feel comfortable him living with. Grandparents in their late 70s/80s and both uncles have insufficient rooom....Not that I'd wish him on them either Clare
Hi
Are you willing to simply exclude him?
Clare
Hi Clare,I'm not overly familiar with the just answer system ....... but I assume you're still considering my reply to your last question and our options?RegardsHaydn
Hi
My apologies - i asked if you were willing at this stage simply to exclude him from the house?
Clare