How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I recently sold our matrimonial house. Court

Customer Question

My ex husband and I recently sold our matrimonial house. Court order was set up for this to say proceeds including f&fittings to pay mortgage then costs of sales then overdrawn bank account. In meantime prior to sale being established he paid off the overdrawn account. When an offer came in he took some money seperately from buyers re f&f. Sale has now gone through and he is threatening me saying I am in breach of court order because I will not pay half of bal which was on overdrawn acount. Can he do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What are the actual figures involved - for the Fixtures and fittings, and the amount that was overdrawn