How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13474
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cousin diagnosed with bipolar. She split up with

Customer Question

I have a cousin diagnosed with bipolar. She split up with her partner as a result of his alcoholism and domestic violence. They have a 2 year old son who is known to social services as a child in need. When they split, his mother was the primary carer with a strong attachment to her son.
About two weeks ago my cousin showed signs of manic behaviour. Her ex partner who still had occasional contact with the child had taken their son for the weekend and did not bring him back. He contacted social services and told them that he was concerned about his ex partners health and thought she should be sectioned. Social Services let the child stay with the father ( Their risk assessment was paltry. They did not know about his alcoholism and other issues.) My cousin was told by Social Services that she would not be given contact until her mental state was deemed sufficient .This took 3 days but on the 4th day her ex partner filed a residency order for full custody of their child with the Court.
Both mother and child have not seen each other for over a week?. Now that the order has been filed, how long before any contact can be made?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
when is the matter listed to be heard?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What have Social Services said regarding contact?