How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I�ve made payments specified under a Consent Order

Customer Question

I�ve made payments specified under a Consent Order for over 26 years to my ex wife who has never worked to earn a salary and has not remarried. I live in UK, she has lived in Spain in her own house mortgage free for many years. I pay her �500 per month.There are no dependent children.
I'm self employed and have cancer. My last piece of work was in June 2014. I have had no income since then. Also, I have no capital, no private pension and a mortgage of �360,000 on my house. Equity is estimated at �200,000. I have no other capital.
So I cannot continue to work nor to pay my ex-wife under the consent order dated 1990. I have asked her to make a joint application to the Court to have the Order discharged in return for a small payment but she refuses.
I also cannot afford a solicitor. First, how do I apply to the Court in UK to have the consent Order discharged? Second how do I have this heard in a different Court to the one in which the Order was made?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does the Order specify any end date at all?