How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13466
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a solicitors letter confirming my now single status

Customer Question

I need a solicitors letter confirming my now single status for student finance for my daughter. I have asked a local firm who suggested a statutory declaration. I lived,unmarried to my,then,partner and father of our two children. In 2013 we agreed to part but continued to live in our jointly owned home until we put it on the market for sale in may 2014. The sale completed in February this year, and I now live in a flat with my daughter and my son when he is on holiday from his residential special needs college. The property belongs solely to me, the leasehold is in my name and my name is ***** ***** title deeds register. Is my marital status legally single.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Just to check - you simply want the necessary wording?