UK Family Law

UK Family Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am in the middle of a divorce and my husband is looking to…

Customer Question
I am in the middle...
I am in the middle of a divorce and my husband is looking to remorgage the house which is in his name eonly
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Family Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I thought you said that the answer in 7 minutes, I am totally confused how to work your response
6/10/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Family Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
What other assets are there and how far have the financial negotiations reached?
Clare
The house is worth £340-360000 and the outstanding mortgage is 175--180000.We have been married for three years but the bought the house in October 2007 with his name but we both own the property and I have a trust deed. I am the one whom put in the deposit and he says he will give me back the deposit and keep the house.We have not started on the financial negotiation as he has refused even to sign the divorce papers from last year February saying he is waiting for the home office papers to be approved next year as he suppose to renew his home office papers. I have one dependant from my previous marriage from my deceased husband who is 14 years old. We do not have any children together.
Hi
How much was the deposit?
Clare
£11000 was the down payment but I also incurred other expenses. I am the one who did the house hunt and until the last day when mu husband came to sign the documents.
The cost of the house was £224000 and it was 5% deposit
£11200
We have been married for 3.5 years but we were leaving at mine all this time while he rented the property.
are you still there
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.